Library Services & Reprint Permissions
Rebecca is the library services specialist for the Las Vegas Sun and Greenspun Media Group. In addition to archiving stories and images, conducting research and providing content, she handles licensing and reprint requests from the public and is the liaison between the newsroom and professional journalism organizations. Prior to joining the Sun in 1999 she was a legal librarian in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Cruelty-free doesn't have to be inconvenient
- Monday, Feb. 11, 2019
- The ubiquity of meat can make it difficult to adopt a vegan diet. Diana Edelman wants to change that.
- Professional organizer focuses on the good
- Monday, Jan. 28, 2019
- Brenda Prinzavalli, the founder of Balanced Organizing Solutions, talks about the services she offers clients and shares three simple tips that anyone can implement to start organizing their lives.
- Oral surgeon stresses selflessness to doctors and community
- Monday, Jan. 21, 2019
- Dr. Steven Huang, a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon at Henderson Oral Surgery & Dental, is in the business of changing people’s lives. This happens every day through typical procedures such as tooth extraction, bone grafting, implant placement, sinus lifts and apicoectomies. But for one fortunate college student this year, it meant a $50,000 new smile.
- Memento maker: 'Flat photos don't tell the whole story'
- Monday, Dec. 31, 2018
- Memories You Can Hold is one of the few 3-D printing businesses in Las Vegas, offering locals “the ultimate 3-D selfie.”
- Artist goes big with his dream flower shop and event venue
- Monday, Dec. 24, 2018
- Stinko's may seem like an odd name for a florist's shop, but Steven Stewart-Clark wouldn't have it any other way. He earned that nickname as a child by creating dirty but beautiful art, and he has proudly introduced the brand to the Las Vegas Arts District.
- Better Business Bureau boss working to build trust between buyers and sellers
- Monday, Dec. 17, 2018
- George Cartwright is president and CEO of the Better Business Bureau of Southern Nevada, whose mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust — “that of an ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers trust each other,” he says.
- Designer celebrates the city's powerful women with iconic brand
- Monday, Dec. 10, 2018
- Karen Jaikowski says she fell in love with Las Vegas immediately when she visited the city for her 21st birthday, even telling her father on the trip that she would one day live here. This year, after 21 years in the community, Jaikowski launched her business, Vegas Girl!
- Whiskey maker focuses on people, then process, then product
- Monday, Dec. 3, 2018
- After 2 1/2 years of preparation, Ambros Banana Whiskey launched recently and is now featured in restaurants, nightclubs, bars and lounges on and off the Strip. “The most recent accomplishment for us is being carried in all Lee’s Discount Liquor and Liquor World locations in the greater Las Vegas area,” said Jeff Tomastik, president of Derby Spirits.
- Ice cream man brings a piece of Thailand to Las Vegas
- Monday, Nov. 26, 2018
- Ted Sumi's search for the perfect ice cream took him to Thailand. After more than a year of tinkering with the recipe, he opened Rolled Ice Cream in Las Vegas.
- Nonprofit health care executive relishes 'opportunity to make a difference'
- Monday, Nov. 19, 2018
- The HIE in HealtHIE Nevada stands for Health Information Exchange, which helps health care providers coordinate patient care by connecting them with each other and sharing medical records in a secure, accurate manner. Michael Gagnon, executive director of HealtHIE Nevada, talked to us about the satisfaction he receives from working in the nonprofit sector and how much money it would take to develop a fully integrated, statewide network of health information.
- The Palms, popular among playboys and performers, celebrates 10 years
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2011
- During its 10 years of existence, the Palms has managed to pull off a most unlikely stunt -- becoming a Hollywood hangout and a locals favorite. Hipsters ...