To eliminate teen suicide and empower Nevada’s youth to live hopeful lives.
A teen suicide-free Nevada.
1. Increase partner, community, and statewide awareness of Hope Means Nevada.
2. Keep Hope Means Nevada’s website meaningful and relevant to ensure the most benefit to the most people.
3. Improve organizational stability and effectiveness that ensures Hope Means Nevada’s long-term sustainability.
4. Ensure Hope Means Nevada’s long-term financial sustainability by increasing revenue from diverse funding sources and improving accountability.
• Event sponsorship
• Individual fundraising campaigns
• Hope Means Nevada is grateful for any fundraising opportunity and would love to collaborate with anyone who would like to support us.
• Hope In Action October event: This event will bring together passionate individuals, community organizations, and mental health advocates who believe in the transformative power of hope. From engaging workshops to hands-on projects, we will offer a unique opportunity to support mental well-being. There are multiple opportunities to volunteer.
• Community Exchange, Monthly Zoom
• HMN Teen Committee: During the height of the pandemic in April 2020, a group of hopeful individuals put their compassionate hearts and innovative minds together to create the Hope Means Nevada Teen Committee—a safe place for youths to share ideas, utilize resources, and discover valuable information.
• HMN Event Committee
• Hope Rocks initiative: The Hope Means Nevada Teen Committee organizes teens to paint river rocks with messages of hope, friendship, love, and acceptance to place in parks around the Las Vegas Valley. The project is designed to raise awareness of mental health issues.
• Charitable donations
• Event sponsorship donations
• In-kind donations
• Sponsor a school mental wellness assembly
Board of Directors
Lucio Arancibia, ACF Chefs Las Vegas Board President
Gary Gonzalez, Supreme Lobster and Seafood Company
Christopher Johns, South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa
Mark LaVoie, Boyd Gaming
Michael Mall, Greenspun Media Group
Don Martin, Snell & Wilmer
David Orr, Critical Mass Health, LLC
Jamie Poltrock, South Point Hotel, Casino & SpaAras Bahmani, Vice President, Branch Manager II, City National Bank
Andre Cisne, HMN Secretary, Chief Financial Officer, SilverSummit Healthplan
Angela Edgeworth, Co-Founder and President, Pediped
Kathryn Goetzke, Founder & Creator, iFred, Hopeful Cities, and Hopeful Minds
Dr. Sheldon Jacobs, PsyD, LMFT, State of Nevada Board of Examiners MFTs and CPCs
Dr. Florence Jameson, Founder & CEO, Volunteers in Medicine Southern Nevada
Gard Jameson, Board Treasurer
Julie Murray, Board President
Dr. Alison Netski, Chair–Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, UNLV School of Medicine
Jennifer Yee, Attorney
Annie Zucker, Community Impact Director, City of Reno